Thursday, November 29, 2012

Surprise visit by Komo 4 News

Tuesday I was contacted by Molly Shen from KOMO 4 News who is doing a Christmas Special on the Wounded Warrior Project in WA. She wanted to add a piece on myself and my use of the "Genium" which was the first military grade prosthetic knee built by Ottobock. The portion I will be apart of will show how the government funding for building these military grade prosthetics not only allow those wounded soldiers to return back to duty in the field, but also benefits the public as well! it is going to be such a great story so once I hear more about when it will air I will post the information on here as well.
We filmed my Badminton course and how I'm able to still teach physical education with the help of the Genium. Following class, Molly then accompanied me to my last training session before my Powerlifting meet this Saturday.
We went to Ellensburg's only Crossfit gym in town owned by a friend of mine, Taylor Clark.
Molly filmed me performing tire flips, rope climb, kettle bells with the Genium and 1 legged Deadlift, and 1 legged squats without it.
Followed by that we had our FCA (Fellowship of Christian Athletes) Christmas ugly sweater part and gift exchange. Overall a great day in Ellensburg!







1 comment:

  1. You should add that widget thing so I can 'follow' your blog.

    ReplyDelete