Monday, February 18, 2013

Day 18-21 Week 5

Day 18-21 Week 5

Monday Day 18 - We did not have school due to the new semester change.

Tuesday Day 19 - I was in a car accident driving over Snoqualmie Pass, I was fine and the car only has a little bit of damage to it. I took it to get an estimate and it came out to $2,800 and I got the 25th scheduled to fix it and still have not decided it I'm going to claim it or not. If I claim it I will only have to pay $500, but I was at fault so it would raise my insurance policy, so I'm going to see if there are any other options.

Wednesday Day 20 - I had a doctor's appointment in Seattle for a check up and all was well!

Thursday Day 21 & 22 - we had a CCR schedule for Thurs and Fri, which means I only had periods 1, 2, 5, and 6 with 3 and 4 on Friday.
For periods 1-3 Thursday and Friday we had a great workout:
BWC- 3 rounds of 5 HSPU or Pike push ups + Palanche Lean push ups
-with body bar or PVC pipe technique work in between rounds.
BBG:
6x3 Overhead Squat
WOD: 5 rounds of 3 min. AMRAP - rest 45 seconds after each round
10x box jumps
10x squat press
10x toes to bar T2B
10x tuck crunch
Bonus: 3 rounds
8 strict trap rows (head underneath pull up bar) + 5 bar dips or chair dips

Periods 1 & 2 before the workout we had our normal random dynamic warm up, but before we began I introduced myself to the new students I had for the new semester, about 5-6 kids in each.

For period 3 on Friday I just sat aside and observed my cooperating teacher as he ran the class so I could get familiar with the entire new class that I would start teaching the following week.  After their workout he introduced me and I gave the class a quick 101 speech about who I was, why I am here and some of my athletic stats.

Thursdays 5th period we play Touch and Pass the entire class period. We combined our class with an 8th grade class and separated them into a girls game and a boys game then towards the end of the class we combined all of the students to make one huge coed game with 2 balls, that was pretty entertaining to watch.
6th period we started in the weight room and rand through deadlift, high pull, front squat and push press. Once we finished 2 rounds of that we transferred to the gym and had a free day of basketball and volleyball. As I monitored the class I played on the girls team 6 vs 6 volleyball against the boys and dominated them tough!

Friday following 3rd, I had my planning period 4th and worked on homework until school was out at 1 then went into the empty boys locker room for a meeting with all the male teachers in their office. We met for a good 2 hours and I finished grades at the beginning followed by listening to them plan out what equipment they wanted to purchase for all the gym classes. Always great entertaining meetings with that group, never a dull moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment