Tuesday, February 19, 2013

In Need Of Help!

After my accident I found myself in a rut where I felt like I was missing something in my life, but just couldn't figure out what I was missing.. besides my left leg of course ;)! I fell deeper into this rut as time went on and I buried myself with school work and athletic goals that I worked terribly hard to meet. About a year ago, still unhappy not knowing what to do, I had a friend reach out to me. She was part of a group at our college called the Fellowship of Christian Athletes. She invited me to come with her sometime and I did, and I loved it. I made me realize what I was missing, family from living so far away from mine, tradition, great friends, and love. Well I found all those important things by becoming apart of this group, but most importantly I found the importance of having God back in my life again. Since I have been the happiest I've ever been every since before my accident. This new life in God has allowed me to relieve myself of all of my pain and anger towards certain parts of my life and I've naturally found a humble side of me I never knew I had. This group has helped me so much that all I want to do is somehow repay them, which I began last week. I gave my testimony and motivational talk to the Ellensburg High School FCA and I will be giving another at the Othello FCA in early March. There's more though..
Our CWU group has been talking about going on a mission trip to Guatemala to help rebuild a community and teach at their primary school there hopefully this June if we can raise the funds.
This is an opportunity of a life time and for me it's my last chance to experience my first mission trip with the same group who saved me a year ago.
So I'm calling on all my family members and all of my friends out there to help not only me, but also help my FCA friends who are also in college with me and do not have the funds to go. If you are unable to financially help us that is okay because you can still help us by sharing the link to our fundraiser page:
http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/help-send-cwu-fca-to-guatemala-with-wind-of-god-np-org
At this page you'll find all of the information about the trip and the village we are going to. You can also donate directly on that site, please help us as much as you can, share share share.
I've also attached photos of the village we are going to, the school house we are teaching in, and a picture of the kids that we will be helping!!







No comments:

Post a Comment