Monday, February 18, 2013

Days 27 - 31 Week 7

Monday Day 27

Periods 1-3 I taught the same workout for each:
Dynamic warm ups in the auxiliary gym, transfer upstairs on a jog to the weight room.
BWC- 3 rounds 
Bar dips or chair dips x 7 + 10 close push ups
-bar technique work in between rounds with body bar or PVC
BBG- Strict Snatch Press 4x3
WOD- 3 rounds for time
7x Hang Squat Clean
15x American KB Swings
10x 6 count burpees
Bonus- 3 rounds
Knees to chest + feet to ceiling x 10
-All 3 periods were great, just had to keep motivating them through the WOD since they were tired from the weekend.

5th & 6th period we had our second day of our specific muscle group exercise work sheet.  I gave them 4 muscle groups to choose 1 exercise they hadn't performed and logged yet from the previous Monday and reminded them to log they're weights used and setsXreps. 
For 5th period I had my 3rd observation from my university supervisor and I was a little nervous about since my afternoon classes are so different than morning classes. She got to see how I adapted my teaching to the different classroom dynamic and turned out to be an overall great day.

Tuesday Day 28
Periods 1-3 I taught the same workout for each:
Dynamic warm ups in the auxiliary gym, transfer upstairs on a jog to the weight room.
BWC- 3 rounds 
9 x dead hang pull ups
-bar technique work in between rounds with body bar or PVC
BBG- High bar back squat 4x2
WOD- EMOM (every minute on the minute) for 12 minutes
6x towel pull ups- no kipping
3x deadlifts 
Bonus- 3 rounds
Tuck L-sits x 15 seconds
-All 3 classes were great again no behavioral problems at all, truly getting a great routine with the students going!

Periods 5 & 6 we began a 16 team double elimination Pickleball tournament, which the kids loved. I let them pick their partner and make up an appropriate team name and the entree class was really motivated and focused the whole period while having a fun, positive, and competitive time.

Wednesday Day 29
Tuesday night I fell very ill and had a fever throughout the night that didn't allow me to sleep at all. As 7 am rolled around Wednesday I could barely speak, so I called my supervising teacher to inform him. He instantly told me not to come near the school and to stay home to rest up for teaching the following day. I slept most of the day and spoke with my university supervisor later in the day when I was more awake and she advised me to stay home during our meeting that night as well. I spent the rest of the night in bed hoping to feel better the next day to get back to the school.

Thursday Day 30
Thank goodness for the rest day I was granted because I woke up feeling better enough to head to school bringing only soup, dayquil and vitamins to help me maintain throughout the day.
Thursday and Friday was another CCR day so 1 & 2 period were Thursday with 3rd on Friday, but they did the same workout:
Periods 1-3 I taught the same workout for each:
Dynamic warm ups in the auxiliary gym, transfer upstairs on a jog to the weight room.
BWC- 3 rounds 
5 bar dips or chair dips + 10 clapping push ups
-bar technique work in between rounds with body bar or PVC
BBG- New St.- Hang Power Clean 4x3
Old St.- Power Clean (from floor) 4x3
WOD- For time:
20x close grip bench
60x squat and press
70x American KB Swings
Bonus: 1 round
T2B-Rest 1 min.-Front planks-Rest 1 min.-Leg lifts
-Both class again were great, but needed consistent motivation throughout the WOD due to it's intensity!

5th & 6th I began to hit my wall of health so I did my best to make it through the last two periods.  We had a huge game day were we played Lying down Link Tag, then Standing Link Tag, and Touch and Pass until we had to switch to the Weight room for the 2nd half of both periods. In the weight room we did a short light weight bar circuit with deadlift, high pull, front squat and push press.

Friday Day 31
I only taught 3rd period on Friday which was awesome because I was still feeling very weak and ill, but the class went great! Once I was done I stayed for the CCR session with the senior group my cooperating teacher had and I was allowed to go home after since we didn't have any after school meeting that day!




No comments:

Post a Comment