Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Day 4 -- Student Teaching

Attempted to wake up at 530 to swim for an hour before school, but my body apparently needed another 2 hours of sleep. Had a quick breakfast bar and started first period with warming up the students for my teacher. He then had me watch the rest of the class while helping out a little with form and technique. 2nd period I had the class to myself with warm ups and the rest of the period. It was a little challenging for the students to switch to me as their teacher, I noticed a few students tried testing my boundaries with class. Overall went well though then I also watched 4th period with teaching 5th and 6th on my own again. I know these first couple times I teach will be difficult for the students to adapt to since they've had my co teacher all year, but it will get better as each day goes by.
As for my body and health standing and working 8 hours straight each day it's gotten better each day. Last week was pretty unbearable standing and walking for that long that I actually built a sore up on the end of my left limb. Over the weekend it began to heal and is still healing now. Structurally I've been struggling with neck, upper back, lumbar, and hips, but with the help of Dr. Bridgeman at Lazer, Spine and Disc I've found relief for the tight uncomfortable out of place joints. Also was able to get a great spin bike session in tonight paired with abs and rolling out that will hopefully make a huge difference for tomorrow.
For lunch today I had my plain chicken breast with brown rice mixed with mustard and siracha cock sauce and spinach mixed with my homemade black bean/corn salsa (recipe I got from my friend Chelsea Murphy MS, RD, CD).

After my workout I made a snack for my mornings that I call protein cupcakes. They normally have lunch meat in the bottom to make the cup for the egg, but I didn't have any so I based the cup with spinach, then crack the egg, add chopped red pepper, and I boiled chicken to chop and sprinkle on top as well. Bake on 350 for 17 minutes then add a sprinkle of cheese on top and put back in for 4 more minutes and boom delicious protein cupcake!! Either throw it in the microwave for 45 secs or eat it cold, both great protein snacks!
Oh and you know when you're exhausted when you find that you put your pre workout in your dish rack after using t... Wow Dork!!









No comments:

Post a Comment